Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Essential Elements of BJJ

Hello blog readers and my fellow bloggers. It's another great day and I want to share with those who are not aware of specific elements involved with jiu jitsu. In past posts I granted my readers, mine and others' perceptions as to the benefits of practicing this martial art.

I think it only fair that next in my series of insights, I go over the positional hierarchy in the world of Brazilian jiu jitsu. Here is an example:

https://crucifixgrappling.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/hierarchy2.jpg

Most of these positions are easy to comprehend by name, however, in my school we use the term knee-on-belly instead of kneeride. And as far as Turtle is concerned, think of being in the fetal position only instead of being on your side, you're on your legs and arms with your head tucked, kind of like a turtle.

I found this flow chart and have to admit, it's a great idea to develop a personalized flow chart. Here it is:

http://mjrnxewya3t1in23ybpwjw59.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/
uploads/2010/03/flow1.jpg

Last thing, I want to note that this is said to be a flow chart made by BJJ's very own legendary Rickson Gracie.







7 comments:

  1. woah man seems intimidating at first glance, but that's just be from a person that knows little to nothing about jiu jitsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind would be going off the wall, so much to remember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the more complex martial arts I know of and hence the reason it often becomes a lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. BJJ Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such an amazing article, really informative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete