Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

Who am I and what can be expected from this blog?

Hello all, my name is Troy and I am an avid Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner that enjoys challenging myself intellectually and physically. A brief history of me, includes that as an adult I transitioned between meager dead-end jobs, and had no hobbies or interests that I was passionate about that encouraged a positive and fulfilling lifestyle. I found jiu jitsu at the age of 29 and would love nothing more than to have found it at a younger age. It is the people that I befriended through jiu jitsu that inspired me to further my education and seek out more fulfillment in life.
What I hope to achieve with this blog is simply to spread the word about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to those who are not aware of its existence. To give insight into the different reasons this martial art is profoundly useful in everyday life from my perspective. Anyone interested in a different form of exercise, self-defense, and tools necessary to handle the everyday stresses of life are the intended audience of this blog.
http://www.bjjee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2-668x644.jpg









3 comments:

  1. How do you go through the ranks of this sport? Is it with a belt such as Karate or a different form? I would love to learn some kind of martial arts. Where do you attend classes and what is the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a belt ranking system, I will go into more detail about it in another post. I am a student at Topeka Jiu Jitsu Academy and there are a couple of options for school dues, the best one is $75 a month for unlimited classes. I have a female teammate who would really enjoy having another female to train with also.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of bjj and blogging my friend. I find that writing is such a great compliment to the journey.

    ReplyDelete