Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hey, Let's Roll Light!!

Hi everyone, I came across this blog post that is really good and a pretty hot topic in the BJJ community so I thought I'd go ahead and share it with you.
What I find to be of value in this blog post is how it takes on and challenges the over-emphasis on turning jiu jitsu into a sport and leaving behind the very important martial art aspects. I really enjoy how this article calls out the jiu jitsu community for watering down training because it would be bad for business. I tend to side with those that are against this softening of our beloved martial art...
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think...



It was written By Guillaume (Gile) Huni, BJJ black belt and head instructor of Kimura Academy in Belgrade, Serbia. 








6 comments:

  1. I completely agree. Gymnastics has done the same thing.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a shame how political correctness and the sensitizing of everything has gotten so bad.

      Delete
  2. This article is pretty blunt ahaha, for example the title had me laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is pretty blunt ahaha, for example the title had me laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of "The Karate Kid." I also agree with Liandro, the title is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you both nailed it as far as the title goes... It's funny and gets your attention.

      Delete